22 August 2009

21 August 2009 Photo: Distorted Memories

So I today I found out that one of my photos had been accepted and won (something) for the NY State Fair. I am just thrilled. I don't know yet what it has won as it could be anything from honorable mention to first place. Whatever it is, I am so excited as there are many people that enter the fair contest. I remember the only other photography contest that I entered was in high school at our local library and I got an honorable mention for a photo titled Beach Fronds. It is ironic because the picture that was chosen and won for this contest is also taken at a beach. I guess the beach is truly a magical place for me both in reality and in photographs.

The photo chosen is actually a former "photo of the day" from back in January - it is the second picture here: http://wide-angle-lens.blogspot.com/2009/01/27-january-2009-photos-serinity-by-sea.html It has been this blog that has really gotten me back into photography and has pushed me to really think about how I can make this hobby a more integral part of my life again. It also led me to joining the Syracuse Photography Association which is filled with amazingly talented people who share great feedback and advice.

So if you are in the area of central NY, come to the fair and check out the photo exhibit!

No comments:

Post a Comment