09 May 2010

9 May 2010: Happy Mother's Day / Snow Day

It's Mother's Day, that special day that we celebrate our moms or mom-like people. Did I mention this day was in May. Yeah, well this year Mother Nature was laughing at us in Central NY. Laughing so hard, she was crying but since it was so cold her tears become snow! There was one point this morning that it was almost a white out. Not funny Mom!

I made homemade sauce and meatballs for my mother in law because she wanted spaghetti and meatballs for her special Mother's Day meal. I took this picture as I started the sauce yesterday morning as it made me think of my mom and her Saturday morning tradition of making sauce and meatballs. Everything from the cans to the wooden spoon to the vat of tomato goodness slowly cooking on the stove all day long. YUM! And a picture of my mom, her mom and some of her siblings - it is one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment