13 April 2009

13 April 2009 Photo: Rebirth

The tulip tree (a type of magnolia) in our back yard is starting to bloom. When I was walking up the driveway this morning, I noticed the first bit of color popping out of the pods. I am going to try to document this particular pod during it's growth process so here is the first picture of it. I love this tree but it is really messy several times a year but the beauty of it when it is in full bloom makes it well worth it. I am sure there will be more pictures to come as the rebirth of our tulip tree continues!
UPDATED April 16th: Here is the bud's progress!


UPDATED April 19th: We had some rain last night and there were a few water droplets on my bud...it should be blooming by the time I get back from VT.



UPDATED April 24th: Not quite open yet but the tree is certainly going to be beautiful when it does.

UPDATED April 26th: In full bloom!
UPDATED April 26th: The Whole Tree!

UPDATED APril 29th: And It's Gone... My bloom has run it's course. The tree is already starting to drop it's flowers and soon the leaves will start.

No comments:

Post a Comment