05 July 2009

5 July 2009 Photo(s): Fear Of Flying

After I said goodbye to my weekend guests this morning, the water was calling me. It was the first perfect day in over a week. No clouds in the sky, no immediate items to check off the list so off I went for a morning paddle. Kayaking was amazing as always and allowed me to relax and re-energize.

My first greeting was from a seagull which always makes me think of the book Jonathon Livingston Seagull. In the book Jonathon explains his theory...
"The same rule holds for us now, of course: we choose our next world through what we learn in this one. Learn nothing , and the next is the same as this one, all the same limitations and lead weights to overcome"

Next I came upon some baby ducks but the mama would not let me get too close. As I was watching them, I saw a heron fly overhead and land. I also was not able to get too close to this majestic bird but captured the photo above.

I love to watch birds in flight and dream of being able to do the same. The closest I have ever come to that feeling was the hot air balloon rides I have taken. Maybe in my next life...

No comments:

Post a Comment