27 December 2009

27 December 2009 Photo(s): The Ocean House

All the snow melted in Westerly overnight so Bill and I took a ride down to the beach. It was a beautiful (but cold) day. We wandered around Watch Hill, Misquamicut and Weekapaug.

I was happy to see The Ocean House rebuild in the final stages. The Ocean House was one of my favorite places when I was growing up. I used to go there when it was closed in the winter and sit on the porch to think and reflect. The Ocean House was built in the mid 1800's and torn down a few years ago because it was in such disrepair. They rebuilt it so that the outside of it looks almost identical to the original. It is one place I would like to stay before I die! Every time I look at it, I see the people of the late 1800's and early 1900's enjoying their days by the ocean. You can see what the old one looked like here: http://www.pbase.com/mybigboy/image/55932290

No comments:

Post a Comment