31 December 2009

31 December 2009 Photo: Once In A Blue Moon

I am feeling the pressure of it being the last night of the year...last year of the decade...last blog entry of the first year of my photo a day site! Too much pressure!!! I need a good last picture of the year, final blog post...after all, tonight is once in a blue moon (at least until 2028)! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091230/ap_on_sc/us_sci_blue_moon

It is time to take toll of the last year. I have seen too many news programs about the year in review so I am not going to bore you with my personal year in review other than just like every other year...it was the best of times...it was the worst of times...but most of it was just - well - it just was!

I started this blog as a commitment to myself to focus on my photography. I have to say that it was a huge success. Not only did I improve my skills and join a local photography group as a result, but I also had photos in a show for the first time since I was in high school and shared my love of photography with a wider group of people on the blog. I have been asked if I am going to continue the blog. And the answer is yes...in some form. I am not sure on the form yet but check back here to see!

I know it is cliche...New Year's Eve, champagne blah blah blah. The blue moon was hiding and I have already done NYC for New Year's Eve twice...this is as good as it gets!

In a few hours it will be 2010. TWENTY TEN! Where did the last decade go? I remember when I was partying like it was 1999 and only ten years later, I am partying like I am 99! I know, I know I said I wasn't going to do recap my year, but this is a whole DECADE! Many wonderful things happened in the last 10 years...houses bought and sold and bought; moving back and forth and back again - from NY to RI back to NY; marrying a wonderful man, to name a few! May you and yours have a happy and healthy next year and decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment