31 July 2010

28 July 2010: The Party's Over

My niece came to stay with us for a few days and today was the day I had to drive her home. She did great and only cried one night for her daddy. We had a full 3 days with photo shoots, playing at the beach, going to the playground, walking through the sunflower maze, painting, games, books...I was exhausted. However, my favorite part was when she would come downstairs in the morning (because she was an "early riser") and give me hugs and kisses! She is such a great kid and has been through so much in her short 6 years. She is growing up soooo fast and I can't stand it.

We left before 8am to start our trek back to Springfield. She was up at 6:45AM and hung out for a bit and look one final picture (taken with the iphone) because we realized she didn't take any pictures with Mona. She loves Mona and Mona loved all the attention, extra treats and belly rubs. We weren't in the car an hour and she said, I am going to take a little nap so my last picture of her visit was her sleeping in the car cruising on the NY Thruway! I think I have a similar picture from last year's trek home. I had to listen to Flo rida all by myself - it is much more fun singing "apple bottom jeans...boots with the fur" with my little munchkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment