08 May 2009

8 May 2009 Photo: Make A Wish...

Is is a weed or is a flower? I suspect the answer to this question has a lot to do with your age. As a child, how many times did I pick dandelions to bring to my mommy? And like a good mother, she hugged me and put them in a little glass. I was so proud of myself.

As I grew older, dandelions became the object in a chant. Holding your thumb under the head of the dandelion you would say, "Mama had a baby and her head popped off" and then flick the "head" off. Now, was it the mama's head or the baby's head? Either way, pretty disturbing.

As an adult, I guess I should be annoyed by this WEED. They grow everywhere, the lawn, the flower beds, etc. I could do without the dandelions in my flower beds but the ones in the lawn don't bother me. And every once in a while, when they turn to seed, I still pick one up...blow...and make a wish.

Here are a couple of fun sites that have "stuff" about dandelions and wishes. http://dailyapple.blogspot.com/2009/04/apple-379-dandelions.html
http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewpoetry.asp?AuthorID=83921&id=229526

No comments:

Post a Comment