03 June 2009

2 June 2009 Photo: What A Long Strange Trip It's Been

Sometimes my time on the road is just surreal and this drive home was just that. After getting an early start from central MA, I encountered my first bizarre happening. There was a man in front of me driving relatively slow and looked like he was really getting in the music with his car dancing. I was admittedly getting annoyed because he was in the fast lane. As he finally pulled in the other lane, I looked over at him and it looked like he was having some kind of seizure. I slowed down for a bit to make sure he was ok. I didn't really know what to do so I kept an eye on him in my rear view mirror. He wasn't driving erratically so maybe it was just dancing.

Then two encounters with deer running across the highway. I do alot of driving...seriously like truck driver amounts of driving and occassionally I will see deer run into the road. I see many of them already dead on the side of the road but rarely do I see them in the act of deericide. The first one happened and luckily I saw the deer enter on the other side of the highway so I had time to react and slow down to nearly miss him. But the woman next to me in the other lane either didn't see the deer or wanted some venison. She caught the hind quarter of him and sent him flying toward the guard rail. It was very disturbing and nearly made me sick. She just kept on driving, didn't even slow down or stop. And then two hours later, again the deer decided to play frogger. Luckily these 2 young deer were a bit more agile and avoided being hit by me and a truck driving next to me. Maybe someone slipped soemthing into my orange juice this morning...what a long strange trip it's been and I am glad to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment