22 June 2009

20 June 2009 Photo(s): Surprise!!!

I survived the SURPRISE party for my mother in law's 60th birthday. At some point of weakness, I thought it would be a good idea to cater a party for 30 people the week after our Hot Air Balloon party and a day before I had head down to PA for a week due to my job. Thankfully 2 of my sisters agreed to help out with the party and I couldn't have done it without them. After 2 or more days (I lost count) of cooking, the party was damp because of the weather but a huge success despite the rain. It was a great day - everyone enjoyed the party, the food and my mother in law was surprised. Above you will see one of our creations...the quilt cookie cake. She is a quilter so I came up with the design and decorated cookies using royal icing, used a mini cupcake for a pincushion and made a thimble out of chocolate! Kind of cute, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment