10 February 2009

10 February 2009 Photo: Federal Hill

This photo was taken in the Federal Hill area of Providence, RI.  Federal Hill was historically the "Little Italy" of Providence, although today it is much more diverse. The first time I remember going to Federal Hill was with my high school Italian class.  We were brought here for one of the Italian festivals where they closed down the street and painted the stripe in the road red, green and white.  I have very fond memories of that day.

Since then I have been here many times as an adult.  There are amazing restaurants in this short 1/4 mile so if you are ever in the Providence, this is definitely a place to get some good eats! Tonight I met my friend Scott to grab a drink and catch up on life and his hotel was the inspiration for this photo.  This area is quintessential RI and makes me miss the Ocean State. 

No comments:

Post a Comment