24 February 2009

24 February 2009 Photo(s): I Wonder If It Still Smells

I was in Keene, NH today on my way to an appointment in Rindge, NH. I was able to stop and have lunch with my friend Mark. He is the person I "blame" for my career in higher education! Thanks Mark :) I am always amazed how much Keene seems to change everytime I am here, but it is still a quaint New England town. And a bit of trivia for you...it is where the movie Jumanji was filmed.

While I wandering around campus thinking about where I wanted to take my photo of the day, I passed by my first "home" in college. Because I had decided to go to KSC past the deadline, I did not get on campus housing my freshman year and had to live in an apartment off campus. The photo above is my home away from home where I lived with 3 other people. It was a fun year but it was certainly difficult to live off campus your first year of college. Bruder Street has many memories...I wonder if this place still smells like beer?

The photo below is the place that I went to think...I spent a lot of time at Brickyard Pond. I am sad to see buildings surrounding it on all sides now. It is not quite as tranquil and inviting as it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment