24 January 2009

24 January 2009 Photo: I Want To Be An Obama Girl

Since I had a late meeting in Boston on Friday and had to sit in traffic for over an hour, I decided to stop in Springfield to stay with my brother and niece rather than drive all the way home and not get there until after 10pm. It was great to see my brother out of the hospital and spend time with my niece. It was heartwarming to see the two of them together back at home. It made me think of our new President and his daughters and the letter he wrote to Sasha and Malia. Several times during dinner and without prompting, Angelee went up to my brother and hugged him saying, "I love you Daddy!"

I asked Angelee if she watched the inauguration and what she thought Sasha and Malia. "I want to be one of them," she answered. Me too Angelee, me too! When my brother said
he wanted to be one of them too. She said, "You can't...you're A BOY!!!" I may be biased by I think my niece is as cute as the Obama girls and has a daddy who loves her just as much!Ok...I couldn't resist putting up another picture or two! One of the tattoo that my brother had done of a mermaid with my niece's face and the other of Angelee acting like a goofy mermaid flopping into the sea.


No comments:

Post a Comment